19 March 2014 – With an eye towards the company’s 175th anniversary in 2015, Cunard Line is excited to announce its 2015-2016 Voyages Programme.
It includes 15 commemorative cruises and events that will pay homage to Cunard’s significant historical moments, as well as unique voyages in the Mediterranean and iconic adventures around the world that will satisfy any globetrotter’s wanderlust.
“We believe that our programme for 2015, our 175th anniversary year, is one of the best and most extensive Cunard has ever offered,” said David Dingle, CEO of Cunard Line.
“We have listened to our passengers and we will be visiting even more celebrated and iconic destinations along with less familiar but equally alluring places, and we’ll offer longer stays in port.”
Dingle continued, “Combined with our series of news-making celebratory cruises for our 175th anniversary, Cunard is the outstanding cruise choice for 2015 aboard the finest ships of their class.”
The 2015-2016 Voyages Programme goes on sale 8 April 2014, with Pre-Registration beginning 20 March 2014, 6:00 a.m. PT (9:00 a.m. ET).
175th Anniversary Highlights
Cunard will kick off its milestone anniversary with 15 highly anticipated sailings that will give loyal and new Cunarders exciting opportunities to experience luxury ocean travel aboard the Line’s majestic ships – flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.
To start these momentous celebrations, all three Queens will meet in Southampton on 3 May 2015.
This Cunard Royal Rendezvous will be followed by a “Liverpool Salute” with the unprecedented sight of all three Queens together on 25 May at the Line’s birthplace – the first time the entire fleet will have been together on the River Mersey.
Voyage options corresponding to this spectacular event are:
- Queen Mary 2
- Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing & British Isles, 10 May 2015 – 17 days, New York to Southampton. Fares start from $3,348.
- Grand Transatlantic Crossing & Liverpool Salute, 10 May 2015 – 24 days, roundtrip New York. Fares start from $4,497.
- British Isles & Liverpool Salute, 17 May 2015 – 10 days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $2,199. A 17-day option includes a Westbound Transatlantic Crossing to New York. Fares starting from $3,348.
- Queen Elizabeth
- Baltic & Tribute to Liverpool, 11 May 2015 –
16 days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $3,499. An 18-day
option departs 9 May 2015 from Hamburg. Fares start from $3,898.
- Baltic & Tribute to Liverpool, 11 May 2015 – 16 days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $3,499. An 18-day option departs 9 May 2015 from Hamburg. Fares start from $3,898.
- Queen Victoria
- Liverpool Salute, 22 May 2015 – six days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $1,199.
The commemorations will continue in true Cunard style with The Original Transatlantic Crossing when Queen Mary 2 echoes the very first Crossing. For the 12-day, 2 July 2015 voyage departing from Southampton to New York, the flagship ship will leave Liverpool on 4 July – 175 years to the day after Cunard’s first ship, Britannia, began her journey – and will follow Britannia’s original route westbound to Halifax, then on to Boston. Fares for this voyage start from $2,599. Other Transatlantic Crossing options include:
- 21 June 2015 – 23 days, roundtrip New York; fares start from $4,798
- 30 June 2015 – 14 days, Hamburg to New York; fares start from $2,999
- 2 July 2015 – 20 days, roundtrip Southampton; fares start from $4,148
Additionally, Cunard’s three Queens will visit incredible places in the Mediterranean, Western Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas, visiting 96 ports in 35 different countries, including seven maiden calls.
Flagship Queen Mary 2 will continue her reign on the Atlantic Ocean and will feature 20 seven- to nine-day Transatlantic Crossings throughout the year, including three which stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia; as well as six roundtrip New York Crossings ranging from 15 to 23 days.
Transatlantic Crossings aboard Queen Mary 2 run from January 2015 through January 2016, with fares starting from $1,199.
Other Queen Mary 2 highlights include new seven- and 14-day New England & Canada voyages; two Grand Voyages that each combine a Europe sailing with beginning and ending Transatlantic Crossings; a 12-day Holiday Caribbean sailing; and a variety of Northern Europe options. Season highlights include overnight stays in Liverpool and Québec, and one maiden port of call at Oban, Scotland.
Fares for the following Queen Mary 2 voyages start from:
- New England & Canada, 27 September 2015 – seven days, New York to Quebec; $1,299. A 14-day option, roundtrip New York, is also available; $2,548
- Caribbean Celebration, 22 December 2015 – 12 days, roundtrip New York; $2,399
Queen Victoria will also offer three- to 24-day sailings from Southampton to the Western Mediterranean, Western Europe and the Atlantic Isles. Season highlights include overnight stays in Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Istanbul, Liverpool, Monte Carlo and Venice. Maiden ports of call will include Tangier, Rapallo, Zadar and Trieste.
Fares for the following Mediterranean voyages aboard Queen Victoria start from:
- Spain and Italy, 28 May 2015 – nine days, Southampton to Rome; $1,699
- Rome, Dubrovnik and Venice, 6 June 2015 – seven days, Rome to Venice; $1,049
- Istanbul, Monte Carlo and Rome, 10 October 2015 – 14 days, Istanbul to Rome; $2,198.
Fares for the following Queen Elizabeth voyages start from:
- Spain and Italy, 16 June 2015 – 14 days, roundtrip Southampton; $2,799
- Baltic Highlights, 9 August 2015 – 14 days, roundtrip Southampton; $3,199
- The Fjords, 23 August 2015 – seven days, roundtrip Southampton; $1,599
Guests will have the opportunity to extend their stay by adding pre- and post-embarkation hotel nights in a number of ports. The 2015-2016 hotel and tour programme offers a well-rounded international experience for all who sail with Cunard’s fleet.
World Club members can book starting at Midnight PT on 8 April 2014, and enjoy additional savings of 5% off Launch fares, available for passengers who book by 31 August 2014. This offer does not apply to third- and fourth-berth passengers.
For more information about Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth or to book a voyage, contact your Travel Agent, call Cunard Line toll free at 1-800-728-6273, or visit www.cunard.com.
# # #
Cunard Line, operator of the luxury ocean liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, has long been synonymous with the quest for new discoveries and the epitome of British refinement since the company's first paddle-wheeled steamer, Britannia, crossed the Atlantic in 1840. Cunard voyages bring together like-minded travellers who seek a civilised adventure and relish the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment. Today, Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled trans-Atlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922.
World’s Leading Cruise Lines
Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World’s Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.
Visit us at www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.
Cunard is also here: