MIAMI (May 17, 2013) – Carnival Sunshine – which recently underwent a groundbreaking $155 million renovation that added a host of new features and facilities – arrived today in Barcelona, Spain, following its inaugural 12-day cruise from Venice, Italy.
The unprecedented transformation added all of the line’s Fun Ship 2.0 dining, bar and entertainment features, along with a host of unique and exciting innovations and an additional 182 staterooms.
Today’s voyage from Barcelona represents Carnival Sunshine’s first-ever departure from the Spanish port and continues the ship’s summer schedule of nine- and 12-day Mediterranean voyages that will run through October.
Delicious Dining Choices
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, a stunning new full-service restaurant featuring an extensive menu of delicacies from the Far East, all enjoyed amidst striking Asian-inspired interiors
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries
- Cucina del Capitano, offering Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home
- BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas
- JavaBlue Café, offering lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and deliciously decadent confections
- Pizzeria del Capitano, an expansion of Cucina del Capitano offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day
- Fahrenheit 555, a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance
- Shake Spot, the ideal “chill” spot where guests can enjoy hand-crafted milkshakes and floats, including “adult versions” of the frozen confections, available with fun toppings
Outdoor Fun and Relaxation
- Carnival’s first three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat, offering plush chaise lounges and chairs, a whirlpool, a waterfall, a pool, and, of course, magnificent sea views
- SportSquare, an open-air recreation complex that includes a ropes course, mini-golf course, a basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball and pool tables, and more
- WaterWorks, an expansive water park with 40 interactive water features, a gigantic drenching bucket, five different slides including the new racing-themed Speedway Splash, and a 334-foot-long Twister slide, the longest in the “Fun Ship” fleet
- Carnival’s Seaside Theatre, a 270-square-foot LED screen displaying nightly movies, concerts, sporting events and other programming
Raising the Bar
- RedFrog Pub, featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers
- EA SPORTS Bar, where guests can catch live sporting events, check out scores on the real-time 24/7 sports ticker, and play the latest EA SPORTS video games
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside adaptation of the RedFrog Pub offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers
- The Library Bar, a warm and cozy venue offering self-serve wine dispensers and full bar service for those seeking a more intimate spot for before- or after-dinner drinks
- Havana Bar, which by day serves as a gathering spot for Cuban coffee and snacks, then at night transforms into a Latin-inspired courtyard for classic Cuban cocktails, music and dancing
- Playlist Productions, which combines captivating live performances of recognizable pop and rock songs and spectacular special effects to create enthralling music revues
- Hasbro, The Game Show, featuring larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s iconic and popular games and presented in the totally transformed Liquid Lounge
- The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, featuring a line-up of hilarious, laugh-out-loud comedians, part of the line’s partnership with the popular comedian, who serves as Carnival’s “curator of comedy”
Additional Information and Reservations
For additional information and reservations on the Carnival Sunshine or any of the line’s “Fun Ship” vacations, call 1-800-327-9501 (individual) or 1-800-327-5782 (groups) or visit the line’s travel agent Internet portal, GoCCL.com.
Carnival can also be found on:
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/carnival