2013 themes include photography, wine, marine biology, ornithology
Seattle, WA, March 19, 2013 –Un-Cruise Adventures confirms six theme departures aboard the 86-guest Safari Endeavour in Alaska this summer with special guest experts in photography, marine biology, ornithology and from two Northwest wineries. Guest experts join the trip for a full week of enrichment activities in addition to regularly scheduled excursions and activities.
“Whether you are an expert, novice or just curious, these themes add another spark of interest to complement our adventure activities,” said Tim Jacox, executive vice president of sales and marketing.
Wine: Two tastings and a special dinner during the week feature wines chosen by winery hosts
- June 9: Keith and ReNae Pilgrim, winemaker/owners of family-owned Terra Blanca Winery, located on 300 acres of the Red Mountain Appellation in Eastern Washington
- August 18: Rob Griffin and Deborah Barnard, winemaker/owners of Barnard Griffin Winery, a family-owned Washington winery and a pioneer in the state industry
Photography: Presentations in the lounge and photo tips on the go from a professional photographer
- June 30: Stephen Matera, photographer; this Seattle-based photographer uses his vision for natural landscape photography to create images for outdoor companies and publications such as The New York Times, Microsoft, Time, the Audubon society, and Outside Magazine
- August 4: Wolfgang Kaehler, photographer; Wolfgang travels the world and his photos appear in some of the world's most prestigious publications--National Geographic, Smithsonian, Audubon and Travel & Leisure
Marine Biology: Presentations in the lounge and opportunity for one-on-one interactions
- July 7: Gary Freitag, marine biologist; an Alaska resident and expert in oceanography and salmon fisheries, and a faculty member in the public service unit of the School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences Sea Grant Program
Ornithology: Presentations in the lounge and discussions on board and on tours ashore
- July 21: Beth Peluso, avid birder; an Alaska resident and Audubon employee with experience as a field technician on various bird research projects around the country
From June through August 2013, the Safari Endeavour sails the Discoverers’ Glacier Country itinerary roundtrip Juneau, Alaska exploring Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait, Chichagof Island, Baranof Island, Frederick Sound, Stephen’s Passage, Ford’s Terror Wilderness and Endicott Arm, and either Thomas Bay or Windham Bay. Guests spend two exclusive days inside Glacier Bay exploring the park by land and sea with a park ranger.
A Luxury Adventure aboard the Safari Endeavour includes all adventure activities, fresh and innovative meals, massage, premium wine/beer/spirits, transfers and port fees and taxes. Adventure activities include hiking, skiff excursions, wildlife searches, kayaking, paddle boarding and beachcombing. On board amenities include flatscreen TVs/DVD players and iPod docking stations in all rooms, two hot tubs, sauna, wine bar, library, and yoga on deck. Rates begin at $5,295 per person based on double occupancy. To book an Un-Cruise Adventure or to request additional information, contact your travel agent or the company directly at 888-862-8881 or email email@example.com.
About Un-Cruise Adventures |formerly InnerSea Discoveries + American Safari Cruises
Un-Cruise Adventures’ fleet of eight boats carries 22-88 guests on Active, Luxury and Heritage Adventures. What began in 1997 as yacht cruising in Alaska, pioneered by American Safari Cruises, has since expanded into Mexico’s Sea of Cortés, Columbia & Snake Rivers, Hawaiian Islands, and Coastal Washington & British Columbia with hands-on small boat explorations. Un-Cruise Adventures, under the parent company of InnerSea Discoveries, is a member of Trusted Adventures, dedicated to the highest standards of small-group travel and to giving back to the places visited. Connect with Un-Cruise Adventures on Facebook and Twitter.