|Private viewing boxes in the Royal Court Theatre|
aboard Cunard Line’s Queen Elizabeth
22 October 2012 – A panel of judges comprised of nationally renowned cruise industry experts named Cunard Line’s Queen Elizabeth “Best Luxury Cruise Ship for Entertainment” and “Best Luxury Cruise Ship for Atrium Design” for this year’s Travel Weekly Magellan Awards.
|The distinctive Grand Lobby atrium aboard |
Cunard Line’s Queen Elizabeth.
The Travel Weekly Magellan Awards judges panel included:
- Bob Dickinson, former president, CEO, Carnival Cruise Lines
- Peter Greenberg, travel editor, CBS “The Early Show”
- Patricia Schultz, author, “1,000 Places to See Before You Die”
- Johnny Jet, travel blogger
- Rudy Maxa, host, PBS “Rudy Maxa’s World”
- Lalia Rach, professor and founding dean, NYU Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Sports Management
- Burt Wolf, internationally syndicated TV journalist
Queen Elizabeth, the newest and second largest Cunard ship ever built, offers the very best of Cunard's heritage and traditions, along with classic and modern day luxuries and entertainment. She relives, in modern glamour, the high society culture of the 1930s and 40s. Travellers can partake in intimate dancing at the Yacht Club, engage in ballroom dance lessons, attend an exclusive Royal Nights themed ball, or see plays and musicals performed by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Company – the largest production company at sea. The ship's variety of theatrical productions includes:
- “La Danza” – a non-stop dance show highlighting emerging dance cultures from the rockabilly jive and fiery paso doble, to authentic Cuban beats
- “Hotel Royale” – a Cinderalla-esque story featuring a declining city hotel desperately in need of a makeover. With unusual guests and a dysfunctional staff, will this hotel be able to return to its prime?
- “Vanity Fair” – features popular music, dance and cultures of a bygone era, with a touch of the Avant Garde
- “Jazz, Blues & Rock’n’Roll” – accompanied by the Royal Court Theatre Orchestra, this enchanting performance is a show not to be missed!
Art Deco features on board pay homage to the original Queen Elizabeth and reflect a more civilized era of travel. Centered in the ship’s atrium, an 18.5 foot decorative marquetry panel portraying the original Queen Elizabeth sits atop the Grand Lobby’s soaring central arched space on the sweeping staircase leading up from the main deck. Surrounded by lavish wall panels, balconies and an elevated ceiling, the decorative wood inlay serves as the design anchor for the atrium and reflects Queen Elizabeth’s predecessor in interior extravagance, décor and style, with a modern twist. The piece is prominently displayed to welcome guests with an everlasting impression of Queen Elizabeth’s grandeur as they embark on each voyage. Designer David Linley, the only nephew of HM Queen Elizabeth, created the majestic centerpiece.
For more information about Queen Elizabeth or to book a voyage, consult your Travel Agent, call Cunard toll-free 1-800-728-6273 or go to www.cunard.com.
# # #About Cunard Line
Cunard Line, operator of the luxury ocean liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, has long been synonymous with the quest for new discoveries and the epitome of British refinement since the company's first paddle-wheeled steamer, Britannia, crossed the Atlantic in 1840. Cunard voyages bring together like-minded travellers who seek a civilised adventure and relish the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment. Today, Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled trans-Atlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922.
World’s Leading Cruise Lines
Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World’s Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.
Cunard is also here: