MIAMI – When considering a vacation, the first question typically is, “Where do you want to go?” In the summer of 2013, Celebrity Cruises – named “Best Large-Ship Line” in the elite Condé Nast Traveler’s Annual Readers’ Choice Awards – will present more answers to that question than ever before, offering its broadest lineup of modern luxury vacation options in Europe, and bringing Solstice Class style to Alaska for the first time.
Broad and varied experiences in Europe on new and newly Solsticized ships
In the summer of 2013, Celebrity will offer its most widely varied array of modern luxury cruises and cruisetours on one of the newest fleets of ships in Europe. Those six ships will visit 25 countries from seven departure ports and visit a total of 88 destinations in Europe alone, six representing Celebrity ‘firsts.’
The first-time destinations include Liverpool, England, famed home of “The Beatles”; Waterford, Ireland, known for the fine crystal bearing its name; Torshavn, Faroe Islands; Varna, Bulgaria, the largest city and seaside resort on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast; Sevastopol, the second largest port in Ukraine, after the Port of Odessa; and Kristiansand, Norway, named in 1641 for its founder King Christian IV, and today known for major events ranging from the Bragdoya Blues Festival to the Quart Festival headlined by world-renowned rock artists.
Celebrity’s summer 2013 Europe portfolio:
· Celebrity Reflection – which sets sail in October of this year, complete with the brand’s first “Signature Suites” and jaw-dropping, two-bedroom “Reflection Suite,” complete with a sea-view bathroom extending out over the edge of the ship, a veranda tub with soothing rain shower, and panoramic views courtesy of the wraparound veranda – will present a full season of 10- and 11-night sailings roundtrip from Rome. The 10-night itinerary features visits to Sicily, Italy; Athens, Greece and the Greek Isles, and Kusadasi, Turkey, while the 11-night sailing also features an overnight stay in Istanbul.
· Celebrity Silhouette – honored with a Gold award for “Best Premium Ship” in Travel Weekly’s annual Magellan Awards, and the first to enhance Celebrity’s industry-first Lawn Club with The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, The Alcoves and the Art Studio – will offer a blend of 10- to 13-night roundtrip sailings from romantic Venice, as well as voyages to and from Venice and/or Rome. With one to two days at sea on each sailing, the itineraries were expressly designed to offer a destination-rich vacation, including towns along the Adriatic coast, as well as multiple locations in Greece and Turkey.
· Celebrity Infinity – the second of four Millennium Class ships to complete Celebrity’s ambitious, $140-million ‘Solsticizing’ initiative, incorporating a host of guest-favorite venues and experiences from the Solstice Class, such as the hip Celebrity iLounge, the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant, and AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the Mediterranean specialty restaurant, Blu – will make her European debut in 2013, offering new 10- and 11-night British Isles, Norwegian Fjords and Iceland & Fjords itineraries roundtrip from Harwich, England. And, in September 2013, Celebrity Infinity will present the “Immersive Europe Wine Cruises” that premiere on Celebrity Constellation this fall during harvest season, complete with overnight stays in Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France; Bilbao, Spain; and Bordeaux (Le Verdon), France.
· Celebrity Constellation –also featuring the guest-favorite enhancements incorporated in the line’s Solsticizing initiative, including the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant, AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the Mediterranean specialty restaurant, Blu, CellarMasters wine bar and the hip Celebrity iLounge, among other new venues – from May through August 2013 will present seven Scandinavia/Russia cruises, an Arctic Circle voyage and a Norwegian Fjords sailing, all roundtrip from Amsterdam. Then, from Istanbul, the ship will set sail on two new 12-night Black Sea & Greek Isles sailings, highlighted by an overnight stay in Odessa, Ukraine; visits to Sevastopol and Yalta, Ukraine, and Celebrity’s first visit to Varna, Bulgaria. Celebrity Constellation will round out her summer season with four 12-night Greek Isles & Turkey voyages, all roundtrip from Istanbul.
· Celebrity Equinox – named “Best Overall” in the discerning Cruise Critic’s Cruisers’ Choice Awards (North America), and one of three Solstice Class ships to mesmerize guests with The Hot Glass Show offered in association with The Corning Museum of Glass – will present a full season of 12-night sailings roundtrip from Barcelona, Spain, with the majority of the cruises featuring visits to Florence (Livorno), Naples and Adriatic ports, in addition to an overnight stay in Venice. The ship’s alternating itineraries include visits to Naples, Athens, Ephesus (Kusadasi), the Greek Isles and Valletta, Malta.
· Celebrity Eclipse – named “Best from the UK” in Cruise Critic’s Cruisers’ Choice Awards (UK), and the first ship to debut the hip Celebrity iLounge and the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant – will continue to offer a mix of distinct 14-night Mediterranean, Scandinavia/Russia, Iceland/Norwegian Fjords and Canary Islands/Azores holidays roundtrip from Southampton. The ship’s Baltic season in 2013 will be expanded slightly, with the Iceland/Norwegian Fjords itinerary featuring an overnight stay in Reykjavik, Iceland, and a full-day visit to Akureyri, Iceland.
For even deeper immersion into the endlessly appealing region, Celebrity’s summer Cruisetour options in Europe in 2013 range from 12 to 18 nights in length, when pairing the cruise and land-based experience, and include six tour patterns, all fully escorted by expert Tour Directors. Among the highlights are an entirely new four-night Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey, package; enticing Italian experiences in Lake Como, Venice, Florence and Rome; vibrant options in Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; and alluring Northern Europe packages featuring stays in London, Paris and Amsterdam.
Celebrity’s summer 2013 Northern Europe vacations open for booking March 16, 2012, with the balance of its summer 2013 European vacations opening for booking beginning March 27, 2012.
Celebrity Solstice to bring Solstice Class ‘sizzle’ to Alaska, Canada and California in 2013
The sleek, 2,850-guest flagship of the Solstice Class fleet, Celebrity Solstice – named “Best Premium Ship” in Travel Weekly’s annual Readers’ Choice Awards (US) – will become the first of its class to offer vacations in Alaska in the summer of 2013, joining Celebrity Century and Celebrity Millennium in pairing Celebrity’s chic style and design, signature cuisine, exciting activities and extraordinary service with the region’s breathtaking, inspiring scenery.
· Celebrity Solstice will present 7-night Tracy Arm Fjord sailings roundtrip from Seattle, with visits to the charming Alaskan towns of Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, as well as Victoria, British Columbia, and transiting the scenic Inside Passage. Preceding the Alaska season will be a 9-night “West Coast Wine Cruise” from Ensenada, Mexico, to Seattle in May, and rounding out the season will be a 10-night “America’s Cup Wine Cruise” in September, when guests on Celebrity Solstice will have a commanding view of the boats participating in the finals of the world-famous sailing race in San Francisco Bay, complete with an overnight stay.
· Celebrity Millennium – the fourth Millennium Class ship to complete Celebrity’s Solsticizing initiative this year, adding AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the specialty restaurant, Blu, the Celebrity iLounge, CellarMasters wine bar, and Bistro on Five creperie, among other new venues – will reprise Celebrity’s in-demand, alternating Northbound and Southbound 7-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward, highlighted by spending several hours near the picturesque, ice-blue Hubbard Glacier.
· Celebrity Century – the first ship to debut the “icy-cool” Martini Bar – will reprise her summer series of 7-night Hubbard Glacier vacations roundtrip from Vancouver from May through August, 2013. The ship’s Alaska season will be capped with an 11-night “Ultimate Alaska” voyage departing roundtrip from Vancouver September 15, 2013, including visits to Prince Rupert and Victoria, British Columbia. A special 11-night Wine Cruise will be offered September 26 from Vancouver, ending in San Diego.
Celebrity’s 10- to 13-night Cruisetour packages in the summer of 2013 will include 16 tour patterns associated with Celebrity Millennium’s Northbound and Southbound Alaska sailings. All Cruisetours – including the new “Alaska Family Style Cruisetour” designed to enthrall family members of every generation – visit famed Denali National Park, with six including a two-night stay in Denali, while 15 include travel on Celebrity’s plush Wilderness Express domed railcars. All Celebrity Alaska Cruisetours are escorted by expert, personal Tour Directors.
Celebrity’s Cruisetours in the Canadian Rockies and Whistler Mountain in 2013 include five tour patterns offered in association with sailings on Celebrity Century and Celebrity Millennium, and range from 10- to 13-nights, when combined with the cruise. Each is highlighted by the opportunity for guests to independently enjoy the sheer beauty of Banff, Calgary, Lake Louise, Jasper, Vancouver, Victoria and Whistler. The Canadian Rockies tours feature travel onboard VIA Rail train cars in sleeper touring class, with hotel accommodations at elegant Fairmont properties.
Celebrity’s 2013 Alaska vacations open for booking March 14, 2012.
Rounding out Celebrity’s 2013 summer season: the beauty of Bermuda and the enchanting Galapagos Islands
· Celebrity Summit – which, in February 2012 became the third in Celebrity’s Millennium Class fleet to complete the brand’s noted Solsticizing initiative, adding Qsine, the Celebrity iLounge, AquaClass accommodations and exclusive access to Blu, CellarMasters wine bar, and more – will return to Cape Liberty, NJ, in 2013 to present its fourth season of Celebrity’s in-demand 7-night vacation experiences to Bermuda, known for its exquisite, pink-sand beaches and turquoise waters. The ship will cap the season with three 14-night Canada & New England vacations beginning in September, featuring to two full days in Quebec City, Quebec. Celebrity’s 2013 Bermuda bookings open April 11, 2012.
· The intimate, 96-guest Celebrity Xpedition – ranked among the top small ships in the world in Conde Nast Traveler’s “Best Ships in the World” readers’ poll this year – will continue to offer the once-in-a-lifetime vacation experiences the brand has offered year-round since 2004 in the enchanting Galapagos Islands. Bookings are open.
Loyalty has its rewards
Celebrity will again reward the members of its Captain’s Club loyalty program with an exclusive onboard credit offer ranging from $200-600 per stateroom/suite on voyages of 16 nights or longer; $150-500 per stateroom/suite on sailings of 10- to 15-nights, and $100-400 per stateroom/suite on cruises of six to nine nights, with the credit amount dependent upon the category of accommodations booked. This exclusive offer applies for 2013-14 bookings made from March 15 to May 18, 2012.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. In addition to offering vacations visiting all continents, Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity's fleet of 10 ships represents the newest in the premium cruise category, with an additional Solstice Class ship, Celebrity Reflection, scheduled to join the fleet this fall. Celebrity Cruises is part of global vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent. Follow the brand socially at www.facebook.com/celebritycruises.
# # #